[SOGo] I'm new to SOGo - Question about compiling

  • From: "\"hans dieter\"" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] I'm new to SOGo - Question about compiling
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 06:21:10 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca C279F1DE4FBC

Hallo,

I don't know much about SOGo ecosystem.
Can someone tell me a little bit about compiling SOGo?

Where can I look up the versioning of SOGo builds? Is there only this Change-Log on Github, or is there an official Version-List?
What about those production-/nightly builds? I mean, which build numbers do each of them have? Where can I see the build numbers?

And what is the Source-Code supposed to be? Is it the Source-Code from the production build or from the nightly build?
I assume, that this Source-Code is only from one of both (production build or nightly build), so where is the other code from both?

I appreciate the approach to make the development builds free, but the production builds to be paid.
And I also appreciate the support-contract-model that SOGo does. But what I don't understand: why is there no cheap contract for students or very small business?
I mean $750 per year is very much for one person, who don't need and dont wan't any Support. I mean, why is there no cheap contract like: $25 for the Production build for 5 users, and every single more user costs $5 extra or something like that... Why do I need to buy the hole 8:00am to 5:00pm Support, when I just wan't the production builds? $750 is worth when you run more than 200 Users ... but not for me

Thank you for your answer
Hans