Re: [SOGo] Configuring Preferences/Administering SOGo

  • From: "Odhiambo Washington" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Configuring Preferences/Administering SOGo
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:26:32 +0300
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca E1EFA1DE5071

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 16:14, Christian Mack < > wrote:
Am 04.01.19 um 12:10 schrieb Odhiambo Washington ( ):
> On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 at 23:28, Christian Mack < > wrote:
< ... >

>>> I am also trying to understand how to correctly use the SOGOLoginDomains
>>> parameter within domains config block. I have 4 domains, so I wonder how
>>> use this to give me a dropdown of the domains.
>>>

>> I don't use that, but according to the "SOGo - Installation and
>> Configuration Guide" you have to set SOGoLoginDomains to an array of
>> keys from your domains configuration.
>> With "keys" they really mean the name of domains given (e.g. acme.com
>> from "acme.com = {")
>>
>> For the example configuration that would be:
>> SOGoLoginDomains = ("acme.com", "coyote.com");
>>

>> https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_multi_domains_configuration
>

> I have done exactly that. However, the moment I enable the
> SOGoLoginDomains, I cannot login as authentication fails:
>
> Jan 04 05:05:36 sogod [81552]: SOGoRootPage Login from '41.215.134.216' for
> user 'ictsupport' might not have worked - password policy: 65535  grace:
> -1  expire: -1  bound: 0
>
> Without it, I am able to login with username@domain successfully.
> My domain names are quite long for typing, hence my need to select from a
> dropdown list.

You said you use a mysql database as SOGoUserSources.

Yes.

I assume your c_uid field contains the complete email address.

Correct.

SOGo does query for a username without "@domain" part.

Noted. That is why it's failing then...

Do you have an username field used in LoginFieldNames without @domain part?

No.
I created a VIEW of the users table for SOGo to use. Now, unless there is a way to create the VIEW in a way that creates that field:
I created the VIEW as follows:

CREATE VIEW sogo_auth_view AS SELECT user_id AS sogo_id, username AS c_uid, username AS c_name, crypt AS c_password, realname AS c_cn, username AS mail, realname AS displayName FROM users WHERE enabled='1';

I suppose there is a way? (I am a noob with SQL).
My authentication system query expects a complete email address as username though.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,