[SOGo] DB Error: You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary logging is enabled

  • From: "Dirk Weise" ( ) < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] DB Error: You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary logging is enabled
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:36:08 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca B801D1DE507C

Hi.

I am about to install SOgo on GCE using a 2nd generation Google Cloud SQL server.

I stumbled about the following error message:
ERROR 1419 (HY000) at line 2: You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary logging is enabled (you *might* want to use the less safe log_bin_trust_function_creators variable)

I found these stack exchange posts [1][2] explaining why that happens. tldr; Triggers might cause inconsistencies when replication is enabled. Either you do without triggers or you set the flag log_bin_trust_function_creators promising the db that the trigger will not cause replication problems.

My question is: can I safely set this flag without destroying the replication or is there any other way to get around this error?

Thank you!
Dirk