Re: [SOGo] Deleting users which are already removed from AD/LDAP

  • From: "Christian Mack" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Deleting users which are already removed from AD/LDAP
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 11:20:46 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 017B21DE506F

Hello

Am 05.03.19 um 11:00 schrieb Christian Mack
( ):

> Am 04.03.19 um 17:11 schrieb Götz Reinicke
> ( ):
>>
>> I have a bunch of SOGo users which are already removed from our User
>> directory. Is there an easy way to remove them from SOGo as well?
>>
>> Is „sogo-tool cleanup USERID“ the right way?
>>
>> And is there still a way to do a backup of the users SOGo data?
>>

> When the users are not anymore in your LDAP/AD/authentication DB, then
> you cannot backup data for them anymore with sogo-tool.
> We solve that by making daily backups anyway.
>
> You remove all account data of a user with
> /usr/sbin/sogo-tool remove ${USERID}
>
> Hint:
> When doing a complete backup with sogo-tool, it will give you the
> invalid accounts in its output as:
> user 'USERID' unknown
> This info can be used to remove their data automatically (and archive
> their last backup etc.)

I forgot to mention, that this will not delete the users emails or sieve
scripts, only all preferences, calendars and addressbooks that user had
in SOGo.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz