Re: [SOGo] Question regarding OpenChange package on Xenial

  • From: "Markus Winkler" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Question regarding OpenChange package on Xenial
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 12:12:28 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 63DB61DE50AE

Hi Carsten,

On Thu, 07 Mar 2019 at 11:23:09AM +0100, Carsten Pieper wrote:
referring to https://sogo.nu/files/docs/v3/SOGoNativeOutlookConfigurationGuide.html#_installation,

it says in Chapter 5 I have to install  sogo-openchange and several more. I do not find anything regarding sogo-activesync there.

OpenChange uses MAPI for accessing the SOGo server and that's a complete different way compared to Exchange ActiveSync (EAS).

So, am I right with the following thesis:

"SOGo v4 supports Outlook/ExchangeActiveSync via installing the package sogo-activesync, i.e. following https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html.

That's correct.

It is not necessary to follow the NativeOutlookConfigurationGuide, neither for v3 nor v4, to have Outlook connected to SOGo without any plugin."

If your Outlook supports EAS and EAS has all the needed features, then yes.

But for what do I than need the Native Outlook Configuration Guide?

I would say: in case your Outlook doesn't support EAS, EAS doesn't support a needed feature or if you prefer to use CalDAVSynchronizer etc. for some other reason.

Regards,
Markus