[SOGo] Behaviour of sogo-tool and sogo-alarms-notify in version 3 on Debian Stretch

  • From: André Rodier ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Behaviour of sogo-tool and sogo-alarms-notify in version 3 on Debian Stretch
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 06:34:52 +0000
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 7F9E61DE50D2

Hello, good morning.

I am using SOGo on Debian Stretch. I am globally very happy. Calendars and contacts are perfectly synchronised with my phone, the web interface is slick and simple, etc...

I am also using AppArmor, and I am puzzled by a behaviour of some SOGo binaries on my system. Basically, these two tools are opening the root folder ("/") thousand times a day, just for reading and getting the attributes:

operation="getattr" profile="/usr/sbin/sogo-ealarms-notify" name="/" comm="sogo-ealarms-no" requested_mask="r" fsuid=126 ouid=0
operation="getattr" profile="/usr/sbin/sogo-tool" name="/" comm="sogo-tool" requested_mask="r" fsuid=126 ouid=0
operation="open" profile="/usr/sbin/sogo-tool" name="/" comm="sogo-tool" requested_mask="r" fsuid=126 ouid=0

To avoid any errors and to count them, I allowed but audited the requests.

I literally have thousand queries per day, just this morning:

root@portal ~#
journalctl | grep AUDIT | grep sogo| grep 'Mar 16' | wc -l
4393

I really wonder why those binaries are opening the root ("/") folder, even for reading and getting the attributes.

- What is the point of doing this?
- Is this a bug?
- Is this fixed in the version 4?

Thanks a lot for your support. Your work is very valuable and will make people life easier.

Kind regards,
André

--
https://github.com/progmaticltd/homebox