Re: [SOGo] Passing the remote IP to dovecot

  • From: André Rodier ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Passing the remote IP to dovecot
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 09:36:14 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 82B681DE52B5

On 2019-04-07 22:22, André Rodier wrote:
Hi,

I think there is an error on the page "Config for Nginx and Sogo":

http://wiki.sogo.nu/nginxSettings:

The line below:

proxy_set_header x-webobjects-remote-host 127.0.0.1;

Should be

proxy_set_header x-webobjects-remote-host $remote_addr;

If we want to log the real IP address of the requests in the SOGo log
file.

Also, I am trying to log the real IP address, from SOgo to Dovecot, and
it does not seems to work.

I am not absolutely sure where the error is, i.e. from my SOGo
configuration or Dovecot one, but is there any way to check the IP is
really passed to Dovecot, please?

Is there any line that has been forgotten in the example configuration
file, please?

Thanks.

Hello,

I usually don't bump an email, but I really would like to have this solved, or at least to be pointed in a direction to investigate.

How can I forward the source IP address of the connections to Dovecot, please?

Thanks a lot,
André

PS: Should I subscribe to any paid support to have answers?