Re: [SOGo] Passing the remote IP to dovecot

  • From: "Gordon Messmer" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Passing the remote IP to dovecot
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 20:06:30 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca A44BB1DE5206

On 4/11/19 1:36 AM, André Rodier
"( )
wrote:
How can I forward the source IP address of the connections to Dovecot, please?

I don't think you can.  That's not a feature of the standard IMAP protocol.

Dovecot supports proprietary protocol extensions to forward client address information, but I'm not aware of any implementation of those extensions in SOGo.  Dovecot also supports a "proxy protocol" developed by the haproxy project, but again, I don't believe that's implemented in SOGo.  Both of these are non-standard, but mentioned on this page:

https://wiki2.dovecot.org/HAProxy