Re: [SOGo] Passing the remote IP to dovecot

  • From: André Rodier ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Passing the remote IP to dovecot
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 17:01:52 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 50AAA1DE5149

On 2019-04-12 04:06, Gordon Messmer wrote:
On 4/11/19 1:36 AM, André Rodier
"( )
wrote:
How can I forward the source IP address of the connections to Dovecot, please?

I don't think you can.  That's not a feature of the standard IMAP protocol.

Dovecot supports proprietary protocol extensions to forward client
address information, but I'm not aware of any implementation of those
extensions in SOGo.  Dovecot also supports a "proxy protocol"
developed by the haproxy project, but again, I don't believe that's
implemented in SOGo.  Both of these are non-standard, but mentioned on
this page:

https://wiki2.dovecot.org/HAProxy

I confirm this is working perfectly with RoundCube, even when using imapproxy to cache IMAP connections.

Any chance to integrate this function directly into SOGo, please?

It seems to be a _de facto_ standard, accoring to Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Originating-IP

Thanks a lot for your fabulous software!

André
--
https://github.com/progmaticltd/homebox