[SOGo] SOGo cron jobs are competing for the same lock file

  • From: André Rodier ( ) < >
  • To: SOGo users list < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] SOGo cron jobs are competing for the same lock file
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 10:37:57 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 359E11DE5019

Hello,

There might be a bug in default SOGo cron tasks documentation.

By default, both email reminders and ealarms-notify run both every
minute, and compete for the same lock file.

As a result, the cron jobs generate errors:

> Warning ... someone broke our lock
> (/home/sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/.lck/.GNUstepDefaults.lck) .

The bug is documented here: https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3027

Documentation: https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_c
ronjob_email_reminders

Can we make this clear in the documentation? Also, why the lock files
are named the same?

Finally, why I cannot add this comment to the SOGo BTS? I think the two
lock files should be named differently.

By using an appropriate sleep before running each command, and
increasing the interval, the bug disappear, for instance:

> # Session cleanup - runs every hour
> # - Ajust the nbMinutes parameter to suit your needs
> # Wait 30 seconds, to avoid broken lock files error messages
> 0 * * * * sogo sleep 30 && /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-sessions 60
>
> # Email alarms - runs every five minutes
> # Wait one minute as well, to avoid broken lock files error messages
> */5 * * * * sogo sleep 60 && /usr/sbin/sogo-ealarms-notify
>
> # Daily backups
> # - writes backups to /var/backups/sogo/
> # - will keep 31 days worth of backups by default
> # - runs once a day by default, but can run more frequently
> 30 0 * * * sogo /usr/sbin/sogo-backup

Should I raise another bug?

Thanks,
André

--
André Rodier
HomeBox: https://github.com/progmaticltd/homebox

  • [SOGo] SOGo cron jobs are competing for the same lock file, , 05/08/2019