[SOGo] Spontaneous duplicate tasks with ActiveSync

  • From: "\"Sean M. Pappalardo\"" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Spontaneous duplicate tasks with ActiveSync
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 18:40:54 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca AE1C41DE511C

Hello.

I'm running SOGo 2 because I like the Thunderbird-like Web interface and am having a big problem with usually recurring tasks creating duplicates of themselves each time the event is supposed to occur. They were originally created in Thunderbird using its built-in remote calendar support (CalDAV) which worked fine when it was the only client I was using, and the problem started when I set up a new Android phone to sync data with SOGo via ActiveSync.

The AS client showed a bunch of old recurring task instances going back two years, even though I had checked them off as "done" in Thunderbird a long time ago, so I dutifully checked them all off as "done" on the AS client. Once I did that, Thunderbird then began displaying multiple entries for the same task and slowing to a crawl as it tried to display reminders for all of them. Since it became unusable, I disabled the calendar in Thunderbird. Even after that, the AS client is still showing new duplicate entries for random tasks.

I tried deleting all but one of each duplicate in the Web interface but the problem continues to show up again on its own after I do that.

For example, a couple of non-recurring tasks show only one instance in the Web interface but two on the AS client all of a sudden.

What is the best way to proceed to fix this? The calendar currently remains unusable in Thunderbird via CalDAV due to slowing TB to a crawl.

Point of note: unfortunately due to how the phone's software is designed, the only way I can sync tasks is via ActiveSync. (Otherwise I would have preferred straight CalDAV & CardDAV since AS has been problematic for me in the past as well.)

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo
Sr. Networks Engineer
Renegade Technologies

Office: (630) 631-6188
http://www.renegadetech.com

--
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner.

  • [SOGo] Spontaneous duplicate tasks with ActiveSync, "Sean M. Pappalardo", 05/12/2019