[SOGo] Why not use GitHub Issues?

  • From: "\"Lewis Dexter Litanzios\"" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Why not use GitHub Issues?
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 05:08:50 +0200
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 75ACC1DE50EF

Hi,

Hope you're well

Thanks for software

Apologies if this has been mentioned before - I tried to search your mailing list archive but surprisingly no results

Why is SOGo not using GitHub Issues - you obviously host [c]ode there so why not use their vastly better issue tracker?

I just started vetting SOGo web mail as a Thunderbird replacement and created my first [i]ssue today. While interacting with GitHub's issue tracker is geneally pleasant UX using your issue tracker is painful! I made a typo in my issue which I want to correct and there doesn't even appear to be a way to edit the issue once submitted. This is basic stuff.

You have a great product and what seems to be the best chance of a FOSS gmail replacement - please prioritise making it as easy as possible for contributors, including a better way to report and manage issues

I have a ton of issues to report but unfortunately I'll seriously have to consider the time burden in future

If you have any issues (e.g. questions/queries) then happy to help

Hope to hear back

Keep up great work!

Yours faithfully

c: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo