Re: [SOGo] Extracting address books and calendars content

  • From: André Rodier ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Extracting address books and calendars content
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 16:59:15 +0100
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 0FF221DE5129

On Thu, 2019-06-13 at 17:33 +0200, Christian Mack wrote:
> Hello
>
> Am 13.06.19 um 11:19 schrieb André Rodier
> ( ):
> > > Am 12.06.19 um 19:18 schrieb André Rodier
> > > ( ):

> > > On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 21:43 +0200, Anselm Martin Hoffmeister wrote:
> > > Hallo André,
> > >
> > > I guess that CALDAV is the way to go (via HTTPS, preferrably). There are
> > > php snippets that demonstrate Web DAV accesses, for example, so you
> > > could "roll your own", for both data read and write, and have full
> > > flexibility to access single items, while keeping sogo happy with
> > > synchronizing changed data to whichever user/program/device needs it.
> > > For mere backups though, the SQL database dump would be the obvious
> > > choice.
> > >
> > > I admit that for a certain purpose I was a bit lazy and used a database
> > > dump: We need a plain csv file of phone number and associated names for
> > > our PABX to display caller names. There is some script that I will not
> > > disclose (as it is not pretty at all), but it is fed with the output of
> > >
> > > echo "SELECT c_content FROM sogoanshoffm00112288562" | mysql -u
> > > sogodbuser thesogodb | parsevcardscript
> > >
> > > where the table name has been hand-picked, obviously, and the mysql uses
> > > an options file (which contains the password in this case).
> > >
> > > The data is - you may have guesses - in vcard format, which to me seems
> > > like the shabby brother of an LDAP record - it seems to have been kind
> > > of a standard for some time, or rather, a set of "we use it like this"
> > > that are mostly compatible. Don't trust much on any application to
> > > behave, and with a large range of software and devices accessing your
> > > sogo, you will for example have several TEL;TYPE= and EMAIL;TYPE=
> > > variants that not every program uses in the same way. YMMV.
> > >
> > > For restoring the complete dataset, I had to do this with several SOGo
> > > instances a while back when changing hardware, and on that occasion
> > > doing a full software install instead of just moving the root partition.
> > > Just shutting down sogo, exporting the database, importing on the new
> > > server and firing up sogo there with the mostly identical config file
> > > worked as expected.
> > >
> > > Best regards
> > > Anselm
> >
> > Hello Anselm,
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > The final purpose is to backup and restore SOGo from scratch, so maybe
> > I will end up restoring the whole database.
> >
> > Nothing in the method above seems appropriate for me.
> >
> > Since I want to do the backup on the local machine, http or https is
> > not very relevant. What is more, however, is that I need some "special"
> > account, with read access to all user's address books and calendars,
> > and I did not find anything close to this in the documentation.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > André
> >

> You know sogo-tool backup?
>

> Kind regards,
> Christian Mack

Thanks, Christian, I will use this.

I have successfully tested it, and it works. I had trouble the last
time I tested, with AppArmor.

However, how can I restore a backup for some users, now?

Thanks for your help.

André

--
André Rodier