[SOGo] Authentication via Linux, Active Directory, and Active Directory Containers

  • From: "\"Webb, Paul\"" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Authentication via Linux, Active Directory, and Active Directory Containers
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 11:32:15 -0400
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 5BA7D1DE5088

Hi all,

Just got a SOGo server set up, and I'm running MySQL as the back-end database.

On my (Ubuntu) server, its possible via SSSD/PAM/Winbind for Active Directory users to log in to the server directly with their AD credentials.

I'm looking for a way to replicate this in SOGo. I could not find a way to connect to the linux accounts on the server, so I then went down the path of using LDAP as an authenticator for AD. Unfortunately, testing this connector (debugging turned on, using tail -f /var/log/sogo/sogo.log as I try sample user accounts) has proven difficult. In addition, I need the ability to have SOGo check multiple OUs within the BaseDN, and this does not seem to be possible within the current configuration framework of SOGo. I did try using OU=%d,DN=domain,DN=local does not seem to work (?).

This leads to the question: Is there a way to get SOGo to look at the Linux credentials as an authenticator? Example query:
- IF an existing Linux user exists AND their password matches
- THEN authenticate them and reference/create their profile in MySQL.

In this way you could then use the PAM/SSSD/Winbind connector between the Linux server and Active Directory as a connector.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
--
Paul