[SOGo] Allowing IMAP Changes to all users

  • From: "\"Webb, Paul\"" ( ) < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Allowing IMAP Changes to all users
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 11:39:51 -0400
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mail.inverse.ca 5EA011DE5032

Hi all,

I'm running a rather "experimental" install of SOGo + ISPConfig3, which I've got running and authenticating without issue.

When I log in (and I'm listed in the sogo.conf file under SOGoSuperUsernames) and go to Preferences > Mail > IMAP Accounts > Edit account, here's what I see:
image.png

Note how everything is greyed out -- ie, I cannot change the "Full Name" field to change it from the ghastly [domain] - [username] format into something more acceptable, like my name. Is there a way to give myself -- and also other users -- the ability to edit this setting themselves? I'm sure I can change the setting in ISPConfig, but what if the user doesn't like what it lists there? Example: Their full name is "James", but they go by "Jim" and would like to change it on outgoing emails.

Thanks, in advance!

PNG image

  • [SOGo] Allowing IMAP Changes to all users, "Webb, Paul", 07/19/2019